Kids’ Own has an exciting opportunity for a qualified individual to join our dynamic team as an Office Administrator (part time).
Kids’ Own is a national children’s arts organisation and publishing house, whose mission is to “develop, publish and promote artwork and writing created by children for children and their communities, through meaningful engagement with professional artists.”
The Office Administrator will be based at our office in Sligo town. Within this role, the successful candidate will provide essential administrative support to the team in the delivery of publishing and residency projects, as well as with our internal company administration.
This is a part-time post, based on an initial 9-month contract, with a view to extension.
Kids’ Own is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Deadline for applications is: 5pm on Thursday 28th June 2018.
Please refer to the full job description below.
The Office Administrator will report to the CEO, and will work closely with our small team. The role is a part-time post, based on an initial 9-month contract, but with a view to extension. Salary will be pro-rata, based on annual remuneration of €26,000.
The administrator will be responsible on an ongoing basis for:
• Supporting Kids’ Own staff with company and project administration.
• Liaising with artists regarding paperwork, training and vetting.
• Communicating with schools and participant groups taking part in projects.
• Attending and minuting project meetings, where required.
• Supporting Kids’ Own staff with reports and ongoing communication with our partners and funders.
• Processing documentation and supporting marketing and dissemination of our work.
• Responsibility for Kids’ Own data management, under the supervision of our Data Protection Officer.
• Supporting policy and procedure developments and management of our archives.
• Processing book sales and undertaking regular stock takes.
• Supporting our publishing activities (online and offline).
• Providing first point of contact at the Kids’ Own office and responding to general enquiries relating to our work.
• Overall responsibility for filing, paperwork, office purchasing and postage.
Applicants must have:
• A relevant third level qualification or relevant experience in arts administration.
• Applicants must be able to work from Kids’ Own’s office in Sligo town, 5 days per week (part time).
• Competency with ICT and office software, including MS Office and familiarity with Apple Macs.
• Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organisational skills.
• The ability to work well as part of a small team.
Desirable but not essential:
• Knowledge of the arts and/or education sectors.
• Knowledge of cloud file management systems.
• Social media and WordPress proficiency.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Thursday 28th June 2018. Late applications cannot be accepted.
Applicants are required to send a cover letter and detailed CV by post or email to:
Kids’ Own Publishing Partnership